entering hebrew letters as response

Yoed Kenett yoedkenett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:55:01 UTC 2010

hi
i have actually taken this up with PST and late last night i got an answer -
the short version of it is no. attaching below the answer i got from them,
thanks everyone for their help in this issue!

++++

Yoed,

Are you using E-Prime v1.x or E-Prime 2.0? While E-Prime 2.0 is supported by
the English/Western European versions of Windows XP and Vista, this really
only applies to text that is displayed by the objects. That is, while the
"Text" property of a TextDisplay will accept foreign characters, the other
properties (including .Input and its related echo properties) will not. All
non-English characters or accents will go unrecognized by E-Prime in the

E-Prime 2.0 has resolved this to some degree by allowing non-English fonts
to appear as responses in the data file (i.e., UNICODE fonts are permitted).
However, the echo client will still only display English and the responses
themselves will still be based on the QWERTY keyboard. You could get around
this by manually echoing the subject's responses to the screen. For example,
you could take the subject's input and then convert it to Hebrew in script,
and then display this on screen (e.g., if the semicolon key is pressed,
convert this to a specific character and display it on screen, etc).
However, this can be fairly script intensive and would require that the
Hebrew characters appear correctly in TextDisplay objects and/or Slide
objects and appear correctly in InLine objects. If you are interested, I
would recommend taking a look at SAMPLE:Process Responses
Template<http://www.pstnet.com/e-prime/support/samples.asp?Mode=View&SampleID=47>for
an example of how to change what is displayed on screen based on the
subject's responses.

Yoed