strange adding

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 24 16:54:08 UTC 2010

Hi Tobias,
Are you sure that this is the exact code you used? For one, if I try to replicate it, with 1 list, and one inline:
dim newmarker as integer
newmarker = c.getattrib("Marker")
newmarker = newmarker + 10
c.setattrib "MarkerSearch", newmarker
debug.print c.GetAttrib ("MarkerSearch")

my debug output says 20, which is okay. Secondly, newmarker = newmarker + 10 should say, (if it would be a string operation) 3310 rather than 1033. Still, failing to replicate what you say in there, I can't help much, I'm afraid... For better code, how about this:

dim newmarker as integer
newmarker = c.getattrib("Marker")
newmarker = newmarker + 10
c.setattrib "MarkerSearch", newmarker

becomes

c.SetAttrib "MarkerSearch", cInt(c.GetAttrib("Marker")) + 10

Cheers,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow