X position

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue May 11 14:56:04 UTC 2010

Gilis,

Regarding the ":center" that E-Studio adds to
your X property:  Ignore it, it does not affect
the actual position during the run.

Long explanation:  E-Studio adds this just to
show where *E-Studio* will put the *placeholder*
for the object when *designing* the program,
*not* when running the program.  Think about it
-- You tell EP that you want something to appear
at [Location].  OK, so where does E-Studio show
the placeholder for that object?  It has no idea
what value [Location] will take at run time.  So
instead it assigns a separate value to use just
during design time.  And just to demonstrate
this, try the following:  Take your object with
the [Location] and drag it anywhere you like on
the screen, then look at the X property again --
you will see that it now says, e.g,
[Location]:20% (if you dragged it leftward).  So
now you know how to put an object one place at
run time, and show its placeholder whereever you like at design time.