USB port TMS

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon May 31 18:26:53 UTC 2010

Sara,

Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
really does like to take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they strive
to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty much their
substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of it.  3) If you
do get an answer from PST Web Support, please extend the courtesy of
posting their reply back here for the sake of others.

That said, here is my take ...

Unless PST has added something new to the latest release of EP2, E-Prime
simply has no facility for sending or receiving data through a USB port,
so you are just out of luck there.  But do not take my word for this,
please contact PST Web Support yourself and then report back here.

Say, why not just install another parallel port?  Or, does your other
device need all 8 outputs from the parallel port?  If not, why not just
build a cable to send different wires to your different devices?  Just
take a look at the book "Parallel Port Complete" by Jan Axelson to get
some idea of how to make full use of the parallel port.  Or, skip the
parallel port and just install a real digital I/O card (e.g., from
http://www.mccdaq.com ).