USB port TMS

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon May 31 22:20:18 UTC 2010

Sara,

Come to think of it, there is a way to send & receive data through USB
using E-Prime, in fact I am doing that for a project now.  First go to
Measurement Computing (referred to earlier) and get whatever I/O board
suits your fancy, e.g., their USB-1024 ($100).  When that arrives,
install the Universal Libray software that comes with it.  Then add the
appropriate Declare statements in the User Script area of your EP
program (see instructions that come with the MCC UL).  Now you can use
MCC UL function calls from EP inline code to send & receive data through
the USB port.

Recognizing that the MCC UL essentially just adds a DLL to provide the
USB support, with enough ingenuity you could take this even further by
writing your own DLL to use from EP.  For that, you might want to take a
look at "USB Complete" by Jan Axelson.

Mind you, I am not advising you do any of this.  Just being an academic
and pointing out the full range of possibilities.