Ending a Slide when condition is met

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 5 10:24:09 UTC 2010

Slide duration of 300.000 will cause E-Prime to wait for eternity'ish before actually checking whether somebody is fixating or not! Definitely not suggested.
I believe the Tobii E-Prime Extensions documentation covers this very explicitly. Basically, the slide should be 0 ms (so that it refreshes continuously) with a TETWaitForFixation (or something of the sort) after this. In the properties of this package-call, you set 1500 ms, which means E-Prime will only continue if the person is fixating (without interruption!) for 1500 ms. This, in turn, I believe is internally done with simulating key-presses. The tutorial on Tobii Extensions for E-Prime is something you should definitely not skip (I did, so do like i say, not like i do - i regretted it anyway!)
Best,
Mich