EEG Pulse Duration with Onsetsignal

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 16 21:41:28 UTC 2010

Wow, BioSemi wants $100 for a simple 25-pin D-sub to 37-pin D-sub
cable?  I could build one from parts for a lot less than that, and
then I would know exactly what it does.  But anyway...  I would just
work on the 25-pin connector on the E-Prime end (and in fact I would
add a straight-through 25-pin cable just to make my work
easier).  That pinout remains the same for Presentation and EP.  Then
yes, your negative lead goes to ground (pin 25; you can Google to get
several pinout diagrams, pay attention to gender).  Then you have to
know how to translate decimal to binary, and be aware that we count
bits from low to high.  The value 9 comes to binary 00001001, which
means that it would raise a signal on pins 2 and 5.  So put the
positive lead of the meter on either of these (you will of course try
both those pins plus a few others just to complete the exercise and
to see if I really know what I am talking about).  If you then still
wanted to see how the signal makes it through the BioSemi cable, then
it looks like you put leads from pin 37 to pins 1 or 4 at the end of
the BioSemi cable.

Sorry, I can't help at all with the Brain Vision issues.

-- David McFarlane, Profesional Faultfinder