Joystick movement

Ben benhisattva at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:13:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are trying to record the movement of the joystick without any
button press. I found a script (see below) on this website, but it
doesn't work properly. E-Prime does notice that you move the stick as
the cursor moves with it (even if the stick itself is not part of the
allowable keys), but it does not go to the next slide if you do not
press a button and then move the stick. Has anybody an idea, this is
completely counterintuitive to me..? Perhaps the problem is the
joystick itself, which is pretty nostalgic: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rBHoEr0-L.jpg
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Ben

---

Dim nInitY As Integer
Dim nCurrentY As Integer
Dim nDiff As Integer
nInitY = Joystick.CursorY
Do
   nCurrentY = Joystick.CursorY
   nDiff = nInitY - nCurrentY
Loop Until Abs(nDiff) > 50
Stimulus.RTTime = Clock.Read
Stimulus.RT = Stimulus.RTTime - Stimulus.OnsetTime
If nDiff > 0 Then
   Stimulus.RESP = "Up"
Else
   Stimulus.RESP = "Down"