Combing two different tasks into one program

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 3 18:09:43 UTC 2010

Having someone with a "programming background" look at it is a good
start, they should at least now grasp elementary programming concepts
that will help them understand the issues involved.  Now they need to
train themselves in the specifics of E-Prime, or perhaps more
generally in Microsoft Visual Basic, upon which EP is based.  Better
if you were to become that person yourself.  I think most of your
problem comes from just lacking sufficient training in general, which
then interferes with the insight you will need to make any use of
advice here -- in short, like all too many EP users, you are trying
to learn to run before you can walk.

Regards,