Cumulative RT for Two Events

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Sep 23 13:06:01 UTC 2010

Mich,

May I suggest a variant on this?

First, let's call myFeedback "FeedbackText", just for the sake of
clarity.  Then, in FeedbackText, put

Your cumulative reaction time was: [RTcum]

Then in the inline between Stim2 and FeedbackText, do

c.SetAttrib "RTcum", Stim1.RT + Stim2.RT

In general I prefer not to manipulate the .Text property directly
because then there is no clue in the object itself that its text will
change at run time, which could lead to some programming confusion.  Oh
yes, I could put "This text will change at run time" right into
FeedbackText, but using text plus an attribute reference seems much
clearer to me.  Finally, this also leaves RTcum in the log, which in
this case you would want anyway.

Regards,