Problem with the keyboard language Azerty or Aqerty

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 17:09:35 UTC 2011

Hiya,
As far as I know from Azerty keyboards, they generally have about as many keys as Qwerty ones, no? This should mean that, for the most part, a one to one mapping is possible (possibly unlike Hebrew keyboards)... If the echo is an issue, then you might as well work out some form of looping to do the echo object, replacing every keystroke:
1. Declare the final response as nothing at all:
c.SetAttrib "FinalResponse", ""
2. Insert a Label, PreStimulusLabel for instance.
3. Here comes the stimulus, myStimulus. Underneath the word you show, the attribute [FinalResponse]. Which will be blank in the beginning. Only a single response is used.
4. Do this, but then use case for prettier:
If myStimulus.RESP = "q" then
	c.SetAttrib "FinalResponse", c.GetAttrib ("FinalResponse") & "a"
	goto PreStimulusLabel
end if
If myStimulus.RESP = "w" then
	c.SetAttrib "FinalResponse", c.GetAttrib ("FinalResponse") & "z"
	goto PreStimulusLabel
end if

And in the case of {ENTER}, we just continue. Will take a bit of time to get that nice, but shouldn't be too difficult? Of course, bothering with the accents might be a bit too much. Seeing my name generally isn't spelled with one either, you'll have my sympathy :)
Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow