Sound on button press

Vera vera.donk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 14 14:27:06 UTC 2011

Hi group!

I already got some useful help here about a year ago and everything
worked fine (after a while you kind of get the "hang" of
eprime...;-) ), but now I seem to run into a problem (which actually
seems a very easy-to-do-thing to me, but I haven't figured out a way
to do this yet).

I show participants an image on a slide for 2000 ms

They have to answer by pushing a button whether a target is present
(if there is no target, they shouldn't do anything -> typical go-nogo
task). The image will however stay visible 2000 ms independent of
their answer (every trial = 2000 ms of image).

Now, as this is all taking place in a driving environment, where quite
a lot is going on, I would like to give out a sound once a button is
pushed (but the image still needs to stay there!).

I of course have the option of using a feedback-display, but then I
only get the sound, once the slide disappears.

I really would like to have the sound on button press, just to confirm
the participant "ok, noticed your response" (or not: there will not be
sound in absence of a response).

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,