multiple movies

David Vinson d.vinson at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 09:15:02 UTC 2011

It is certainly possible to use E-Prime 2.0 to display multiple movies
at the same time using a Slide object (I think the Professional version
may be necessary, but I'm not 100% sure about this).  You'd just place
the different MovieDisplays at your desired locations on the Slide,
specify filenames either directly or via List entries, and there you go.

However you may find that it is impossible to sufficiently manage timing
if you are loading multiple movies at the same time - I expect timing
would be the greatest concern.  You will also learn that MovieDisplay
objects are still not really covered in E-Prime documentation, so you
may need to contact E-Prime support to solve some of the problems you
come across.

Keep in mind that for MovieDisplay objects embedded in Slides, it is not
possible to log sub-object properties in the normal manner (e.g. ticking
boxes in the Logging object tab).  However this is essential for a study
like the one you describe; you will definitely need to log the
MovieDisplay properties as part of your checks on timing.  This can be
done using inline code:

(From Matt Lenhart, E-Prime technical consultant):
> It is possible to log information about movies that are presented via a SlideMoie sub-objects. The properties are accessed in the same was as with a MovieDisplay. However, you must use InLine script to gain access to the SlideMovie sub-object before you can access the properties.
> I would recommend taking a look at the MovieRT sample that is installed with E-Prime 2.0. The MovieLogging InLine contains script for gaining access to a sub-object and then logging the related properties for the SlideMovie. You can find the sample under \My Experiments\Samples\MovieRT.

I hope this is somewhat helpful - good luck!
-dv

--
David Vinson, Ph.D.
Senior Postdoctoral Researcher