Setting list object's reset/terminate condition to number of rows in loaded text file

Eli eliskim at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 20:47:28 UTC 2011

Hi all.

My design plays several different series of movies, each of a
different length. I've created a single list object, which I use
multiple times, once for each series of movies (listed in tab-
separated text files).

Each different series has a different number of movies. But I'm having
trouble getting my list object to change its terminateCondition (or
resetCondition) to reflect each newly loaded text file's length.

I've tried doing the following (based on a blog post I saw here
<http://imaging.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/meg/Using_E-Prime>)

If listfilename$ <> "" Then
       List1.LoadMethod = ebLoadMethodFile
       List1.Filename = listfilename$
       List1.Load

       List1.Reset
       Set List1.TerminateCondition = Cycles(1)
       Set List1.ResetCondition = Samples(List1.Deletion.Count)
else
     MsgBox("Incorrect list file chosen")
end if

But I don't really understand what the Deletion object is.

So instead I tried
Set List1.ResetCondition = Samples(List1.Size)

The problem with this is that Size seems to change unpredictably each
time I load a different text file.

Is there a way to clear all properties of a list object at the point
of loading each next text file, so that the list object's size
reflects the number of rows in each loaded text file?

Or is there another way to get each text file's number of rows into a
list object's ResetCondition?

Thanks!
Eli