Multiple Mouse Click Question

Mo browncowwow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 02:09:58 UTC 2011

Hi!

My colleague and I are currently designing an experiment using E-
Prime2.0. The experiment requires subjects to respond to an audio
stimulus with two responses. Subjects will hear an audio file that
contains two English sounds (like "ba"). They must identify which two
sounds they heard ("b" and "a"). There are 26 possible choices (as in
26 letters in English) for each sound. Both responses require a mouse
as the input device.

We have a couple questions about how to set up the experiment in E-
Studio:

1. How do we set up 52 (26 choices for each of the two sounds)
distinct response areas?
2. How do we tell E-Prime to recognize a mouse-click response, and in
particular, multiple (2) mouse clicks in particular locations?

Neither of us have any programming experience and this is our first
time using E-Prime. While we have completed the basic tutorials, we
are aware that mouse-click responses require a bit more inline coding.
Could anyone refer us to a place that discusses mouse-click responses
in more detail, as neither the reference guide nor the getting started
guide discuss setting up mouse-click response in any detail?