Fill an array from an (unreferenced) list?

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:41:39 UTC 2011

So I checked it and it is indeed like I described above... just a
denominator, as far as I can see. In addition, I checked what would
happen if I would use input #1 for the separate inputs and things work
just fine... obviously in this script (partly pasted below) the first
file is opened(as #1), the array is filled, and then #1 is closed
before the next file is opened as input#1. If for some reason you'd
first want to open several files simultaneously and only later fill
arrays or whatever you're going to do with the info from the files...
it would of course be needed to give a separate 'name' #1, #2, etc) to
each of the inputs from different files.

best,

liw

'fill the array negwords
'Read in the stimuli into the array negwords
Open "negativewords.txt" For Input As #1
For n = 0 To 17
Input #1, negwords(n)
Next n
Close #1

'fill the array poswords
'Read in the stimuli into the array poswords
Open "positivewords.txt" For Input As #1
For n = 0 To 17
Input #1, poswords(n)
Next n
Close #1