Startle probe complex randomization

cblaison hesslabo at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 13 21:52:19 UTC 2011

Hi all!

I attached here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bw6aNdKBxq4tM2JlOGE4N2ItNmY1Ni00MDY3LWJmMDctMzY2YTg2MWNmYjdl&hl=en&authkey=CNeUqe8C

a copy from the prog I would like to modify. It is a startle probe
prog, where angry faces are shown during 6 sec and sometimes bursts of
white noise are triggered. The Intertrial Interval (ITI) between faces
lasts between 14 and 21 sec. There are 4 different angry faces. The
probe starts 4, 4.5, or 5 sec after onset of stim (face or ITI). In
all, faces are presented 12 times, separated by 11 ITI + 1 ITI at the
end of the sequence. 3 Bursts have to appear during the ITI (which ITI
is random). 4 bursts have to appear randomly during the face
presentations BUT once appeared during one face, it never has to
appear again paired with this face. Thus e-prime has to recall somehow
which face was paired with the burst and discard this candidate from
future face-probe pairing. I am not an in-line expert, so could please
someone help me? Thank you very much!

cheers,
christophe.