about an RSVP paradigm

André Silva dorovan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 23:12:22 UTC 2011

Well, i'm going to explain:

I'm finishing my master's degree in Clinical Psychology, and my thesis
is called "Emotional desensitization and judgements of severity".

For that i'll need to make an e-prime script, but no one can help me
where i study.

Don't know if you can help me.

---

      The one thing i can't understand is how to do the following
design:

I have to present 36 series of 12 images each in a RSVP paradigm.
Within this 12 images, 10 are neutral, 1 is a critical distractor
(that can be neutral, positive or negative) and the last one has to be
an arrow.

So it would be like this when someone opened the experiment: 5
pictures would appear (from the pool of 10 neutrals), then the
critical distractor (1 of 3 types), 5 pictures more (from the pool of
5 neutrals left) and then an arrow in one of 4 positions (up, down,
right, left).

How can i randomize all neutrals not to be repeated within series, how
can i fix the position of the critical distractor (and how can i
randomize the TYPE of the distractor, making sure 12 of each are
presented in the 36 series, not repeating anyone), and fix the
position of the arrow, making sure the same thing i wrote above about
the distractor...

it's difficult to express everything, but i need some guidelines...