"Binding" images together

Orcasha orcasha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:24:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm still quite new to e-prime and am trying to create an experiment
where a constant stream of faces is presented to the participant. The
faces consist of emotionally neutral and emotional expressive faces.

The plan is to have a "train" of neutral faces with a random
presentation of an emotional face and then a second same emotional
face shown directly after then back to the neutral train for x
repeats. So something like: n n n n n n E E n n n n n n E E n n n n n
n n n E E.

While relatively simply in theory, working with the list method is
arduous as (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the presentation
method can't be set to random and keep the double E faces shown
together.

My question then: is it possible to have a random presentation of E
faces during a block while keeping the presentation of the two E faces
together? Is there a way to "bind" them together while "jumping" back
to the n faces after both have been presented or do I need to create a
manual psuedo-random list?

Any comments are appreciated, and thanks in advance.