Payoff Matrix - Feedback Counter (Tidy up script)

Caleb J. Picker dbzgtfan4ever at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 20:45:43 UTC 2011

David,

Thank you so much for your advice!  My programming tends to lean toward your
"Hierarchy of Goals".  I agree that 1-3 of most value to any scientist, but
achieving these goals should still never fully negate goals 4 and 5.  This
is because goals 4 and 5 could necessarily lead to future achievement of
goals 1-3!  It is for this reason that I posted on this group in the first
place.

I want to make a final comment on your "dAccuracyDisplay" reply.  When you
talk about separating the "how much" from the "why", you mean to say that
this is good practice, correct?  This is good practice because it allows you
to think more lucidly within the moment.  For example, if the code
representing these concepts were muddled/mixed, then it might be more
difficult to change/diagnose any problems that arise from said code.
 However, if these codes were separate, it makes it easier to pinpoint the
problem.  If this is correct, then I understand what you mean.  Writing code
is like writing a story, you have an object/character that has a goal.  The
code itself is how the character achieves that goal.  Therefore, writing
good code is like writing a clear, easy-to-understand story.  Although it
can be achieved, it just takes practice and diligence.

Thank you,

Caleb