Calling the value of a higher-level list object?

Matthew matthewdwood82 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:14:41 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I've trolled the forums here & at PST for an answer to this problem, w/
o much help.  I have an experiment where participants work on a series
of remote associate problems (RAT for short), complete some lexical
decision trials (LDT), and then work on more remote associates (both
unsolved problems from 1st session and new, unseen problems).  They
are trained on how to do both of these things at the start of the
experiment.

Now my problem.  The lexical decision task includes some hints to the
remote associate problems that were not solved in the first RAT
session.  These can be either solutions for the RAT, OR words that are
associates of 2+ problem words (but are not solutions).  Right now, I
have this set up as a between-subjects comparison, and am trying to
use a high-level list that assigns participants to one of two Procs
that correspond to these conditions.  I would like to keep objects in
both of these Procs the same, and use an InLine to look at what high-
level proc I'm in, and then select the appropriate hint word for an
unsolved item.  A snippit of my (broken) code follows.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
-Matt
----------

' A page out of E-Basic HELP - FactorSpace.GetProc (method)
Dim HintCondition as String
Dim theCellSpec as CellSpec
Set theCellSpec = HintCond.Order.GetNext()
HintCondition = CStr(HintCond.GetProc(theCellSpec))
If HintCondition = "AnswerProc" then
     For i = 1 to IncorrectPresentNum
     ...{add solution hints to LexicalDecision List for 1/2 of
unsolved RATs}...
     Next i
ElseIf HintCondition = "MisleadProc" then
     For i = 1 to IncorrectPresentNum
     ...{add misleading hints to LexicalDecision List for 1/2 of
unsolved RATs}...
     Next i
EndIf