Mystery timing issue

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:18:12 UTC 2011

Hi Evelina,

Does your task involve several pictures to be shown simultaneously or
shortly after another? How shortly? Or any other 'more heavy' tasks?
If the task design is actually a bit faster than the program is able
to load, for instance pictures, than the accumulative delay could
result in delays, although the pattern you describe (accumulating over
several runs) is pretty particular. This might be solved of there is
some space (timewise) in between the pictures that you can use to
'preload' the pictures which you'll have to tell the program with a
little script.

This script can be found elsewhere on this site or I can post it here
but I rather first here if this might actually be the problem. If not,
could you describe the task in a bit more detail?

Best,

liw