how to use E prime to display symbols and allowing participants to influence their shape?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Jan 25 19:24:33 UTC 2011

>I understand how to influence the width and height on my end, but how
>can the participant influence the size when they do the experiment?

Are you asking us to design your user interface (i.e., the user
gestures with a mouse or joystick, or presses arrow keys on the
keyboard, etc.), or are you asking what sort of code to use to
implement your UI (which you have not yet described for us)?  If the
latter, then my answer remains the same, you implement user control
through application of *attribute references* in the Width and Height
attributes.  And I repeat, before you even start to think about this
project you need to work through *all* of the tutorials in the
manuals that came with E-Prime.

>And what do you mean by the inline code, do you mean the script,

Yes.  What the rest of the VBA world calls "code", PST perversely
calls "script".

>  not fully sure how I would program that, I dont have that much experience
>in programming.

I have said this before, and here I say it again:  then perhaps you
should take a class in introduction to computer programming.