E-Prime sound loop inline

Alejandra Vargas avarga2 at tigers.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 25 23:13:42 UTC 2011

Hey all, I'm trying to find a way to loop sound in an inline script for my
experiment. I put an inline at the beginning of the session to load the
sound initially:

>Dim MyBuffer As SoundBuffer
>Dim GenericSoundBufferInfo As SoundBufferInfo
>GenericSoundBufferInfo.
MaxLength = 30500
>Set MyBuffer = Sound.CreateBuffer(GenericSoundBufferInfo)
>MyBuffer.Filename = "Unknowncut3.wav"
>MyBuffer.Load

So this is the inline I used in the beginning. I want the sound to be played
during two separate text displays at two different times in my experiment.
So I put the following inline before both text displays:

>myBuffer.Play

This works just fine except that I need to get my sound clip to loop so that
it plays throughout the entire text display. The sound clip is only 30
seconds long and I need it to play for about 108 seconds so it needs to loop
about 4 times. I've looked all over the internet trying to find what
scripting language I should use and where to put it to make the sound loop,
but I'm not finding the answer. I tried soundout objects and I do get the
sound to loop, but it doesn't play during my second text display. I'd really
rather find a way to put some code in the inline to loop the sound. I know
there has to be a way to do this, but I just can't figure it out! Please
help! Any help would verrrry much be appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

-Alejandra