Hand grip task using Eprime

newbie girish1m at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:57:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am a beginner to E-Prime and have so far worked only on visual stimuli
experiments. I am planning to work on a task wherein the subjects would be
required to use a hand dynamo-meter/any device that measures the force
applied by the subject on the grip. I am wondering whether it would be
possible to write an E-prime program that reads in the output of the
handgrip device i. e. the amount of force applied and shows instructions
accordingly. For example, they would see something like "Press as much as
you can", then they press and I want the output to be displayed on the
eprime screen. Can anyone help me with the type of dynamometer/handgrip
device that I should consider buying? The ease of its integration with
E-prime would be the major factor here.

Thanks in advance!

newbie