how to use E prime to display symbols and allowing participants to influence their shape?

Susan susangc7 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:13:08 UTC 2011

Hi Josh,

I suspect what you need to do is sit and break your problem down into
the smallest component parts, and figure out which bits you know how
to do and which you don't. People on this list could probably help you
if you got to the point where you needed to figure out the finer
points of mouse control, for instance, but they can't design your
experiment for you. I also don't know of any extant examples that do
anything similar (STEP didn't have any last I checked).

If you're a novice at programming, I'll suggest that the mouse may not
be your best option, however; the built-in support for mouse control
in E-Prime is pretty rudimentary. Your arrow key idea is probably
easier to implement (possibly with very little script, if you're
really determined).

HTH,
Susan