recording current experimental time

Tobias tobias.fw at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:39:36 UTC 2011

Hi together,

I programmed an experiment in which a lot of positions and stimuli
have to be calculated online. Calculation of slides happens BEFORE
they are executed. Interestingly, this can cause a delay of up to 5
sec (not ms!) for some computer, 2 sec for other computers and only 1
sec on a third computer. Importantly, these computers are comparable
regarding their hardware, i.e. processor, RAM etc.

To test what exactly takes E-Prime so long under some circumstances,
Iw ould like to measure the experimental time at several points in
time during a single trial. So I can find out which part of the
programming should be optimized or if there's even an error I don't
recognize.

Therefore I would like to have, let's say 10 attributes and assign 10
times the current run time to one of these attributes. Unfortunately I
couldn't find the right command for this operation in the manual.

Does any of you know how I could do so? Or did sth similar (i.e. this
delay) happen to one of you?

Best,
Tobias