How to avoid presenting targets consecutively

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Jul 22 16:27:06 UTC 2011

Tobias,

PMJI...

At 7/22/2011 12:14 PM Friday, you wrote:
>Furthermore, I don't know how to generate a trial sequence. Is there
>a command for that?

Many of us use something as basic as an Excel worksheet, or maybe a
script written in Perl or whatever.  Basically, I think Michiel just
meant to build a trial list *outside* of E-Prime.

 From there you could either manually look at the generated trial
list and manually make adjustments until it meets your criteria, or
use some Excel forumulas or macros or a Perl script or whatever to do
that for you.  No, probably not trivial, but there you go.  Folks
like us have struggled with this for decades, just browse through the
scientific literature.

-- David McFarlane
And remember, if the ground-breaking research we wish to do were not
so hard, then someone else would have already done it.