Inaccurate logging of accuracy

liwenna liwenna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:13:35 UTC 2011

you wrote " Probably. I respond by left mouse button, and the
'correctresp' in a
list is set to 1. Also, the Allowable response is set to 1. So i don't
know what's wrong there "

Well.. the allowable response is simply all the keys that are actually
allowed to 'count as responses'  in this case (a mouse I got to
assume, and do check Michiel's suggestion as it is a good one) the
allowable response is set to 1 (left mouse button) and therefore a
right mouse button click (2) will not be regarded to be a response.

The weird thing is: why do you have your correct response set to 1?
I'd just empty it for a starters and then have a good look at your
hittest code... what does it DO exactly, could you paste a version of
it here? The thing is: the whole point of the hit test (at least the
one that I think you are using) is to define whether a response is
correct or not based on the name of slideobject (i.e. image or
textbox) that the subject has clicked on. Therefore... not the button
used (1/2 for left/right button) defines the correct response (and you
probably be better of nowhere defining cresp as such) but the location
of the cursor when the button press was made. -> so also do not forget
to actually give your text and/or imageobjects (the ones that people
can click on) the correct names and then define the name of the
correct response slideobject (the one that has to be clicked on) in an
attribute called "correctresp" (or whatever attribute name your
specific hit test code is using for the comparison).

If you want this solved after all I propose that you past your code so
that I (we) can have a look at it. Do must say that I'll be out of the
country tomorrow to wednesday.

best,

liw