Sound files, Crashing, and Windows 7 (not as catchy as sun, sea and sangria) Update??

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Mar 22 14:19:06 UTC 2011

Lidia,

Yes, I have seen the same message running RefreshClockTest with EP2
under Vista.  Have not tried yet under Win7.  I just ignore it and
proceed.  The message means to tell you that the measured results
might not reflect what is possible under ideal conditions with that
machine, so if you still get good results under the test conditions
then all should work well under your desired operating conditions.  I
suspect however that Microsoft changed how programs can detect
Standby/Hibernate functions and RefreshClockTest has not kept up with
the change, in which case the measured results probably do reflect
your desired operating conditions.

I will also be interested to know what PST says about this when they
reply to you.

-- David McFarlane, Professsional Faultfinder