synchronize event markers with refresh rate

Hank Jedema Jedema at pitt.edu
Wed Mar 30 16:03:26 UTC 2011

Thanks to Davis, Baris, and Paul for your quick responses.
I used a writeport command in my code to send my event markers to my
recording system. I will have to look up what the exact loading time
of an image on my Elo Carroll touch screen is, because I did not
adjust for that (fixed) delay yet.
I based my question on the timing of the event markers on the
following: I collect multiple event markers for both the stimulus
appearance as well as the response timing using a electrophysiology
rig with sub-millisecond (<0.15 msec) timing accuracy. When I compare
the time difference between 2 event markers from touch screen
(<1msec difference). When I compare the time difference between an
event marker from a stimulus appearance and a touch screen response,
there is a much greater difference (10-18msec). On a trial by trial
basis the difference between the two event markers seems to match the
stimulus.onset delay listed in the Eprime output. Based on this, I
believe that the event marker sent out by my E-prime code precedes the
appearance of the stimulus on the screen. I will try the suggestion to
use an inline as soon as the stimulus is on the screen next week. I
will also check on the thread that David provided and post my results.

Best,
Hank