select only one level in a list ? help

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Mon May 23 18:56:20 UTC 2011

Not the solution I had in mind, as it requires more code than the
Counterbalance approach -- i.e., in the List property pages set the
List Order to Counterbalance and Order By to whatever (e.g.,
Subject), then use inline code any time before List1 to override the
Order By, e.g.,

Set List1.Deletion = PickOne(c.GetAttrib("mynumpermutation"))

Admittedly, this is not officially documented, and you can only learn
this sort of thing by looking at the generated source code and hacking with it.

So your solution does the job just as well and I am glad that it
works for you.  It also, I admit, opens the way for other possibilities.

Thanks for posting back with your solution,