trying to get a response box (RB-730) from www.cedrus.com to work with e-prime 2.0

Ashtyster ashtyster at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:26:11 UTC 2011

Hi!

We're trying to get a response box (RB-730) from www.cedrus.com to
work with e-prime 2.0 on a Windows XP 32bit machine.

We've tried to reinstall both the e-prime srbox driver and the driver
for the RB-730 response box. We have also used the guide on Cedrus'
site to update the firmware and make the box compatible with e-prime
(http://cedrus.com/support/rb_series/tn1047_eprime.htm), but we're
still getting the following error message:

Device Name: SRBOX
Error: 0x00004a49
Message: 'Unable to open the SRBOX: 0x00000005

The program used for updating the firmware is called 'xidon'.
Xidon is able to autodetect the response box and, when it's not switch
to 'e-prime mode', it will also register the response.

We've checked and made sure that the COM port is the same and 'Bit per
second' is set to '19200' in both e-prime and Device Manager.

Has anybody ever run into a similar problem? We would appreciate all
your comments or suggestions.

Thank you.

A.