go/no go task

frank mahonlab at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:29:04 UTC 2011

hello all.. I have a quick question.

I am creating a go/no go task, however it is a little backwards. I
want participants to always hold down button 1 on the sr response
box.  When they see an image of a face, I want them to let go, hence
'go' trials.  When they see an image of an animal I want them to keep
holding down button 1 on the sr response box.  This is naturally a
little backwards; I could have a participant hit 1 every time they see
a face, 'go', or hit nothing when they do not see a face, or when an
animal is being presented, 'no go'.

Ive tried holding down button 1 and then letting go when a face is
presented, but no response logs.  Is there a specific code anyone has
or a strategy that is specific to this design?

Thanks,
frank