Why is is called "E-Prime"?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu May 26 18:20:56 UTC 2011

Interesting.  Did Dr. Schneider also explain that before E-Prime he
produced MEL (Microcomputer Experiment Laboratory), a rather
successful product that ran under DOS?  Or that E-Prime started as a
joint venture with Brian MacWhinney (head of this very discussion
board, and STEP) at Carnegie Mellon University to bring some of the
ideas from MacWhinney's PsyScope on the Macintosh over to the Windows
platform?  There's some interesting history behind E-Prime, as for most things.