E-Prime srbox will not open on two Dell computers

Arron Metcalfe arron.metcalfe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 19:53:16 UTC 2011

I cannot get e-prime to open the 200A srbox on two Dell computers. The
first was a desktop Vostro 32-bit running Windows 7 professional. The
srbox failed to open with either a serial port connection or a serial
to usb converter connection. I reinstalled the drivers, and the entire
e-prime program. I carefully checked that the correct port was
selected in the e-prime program. The error message received is the
standard unable to open error number 10051. I had the same problem
with another Dell computer, a 32-bit Latitude E5410 laptop running
Windows 7 professional. After this, I was able to get the srbox to
work on a 64-bit Thinkpad T410 running Windows 7 professional. I could
not find a specific solution on the forums or in the support pages for
what appears to be a Dell specific error. Can you help?

Thanks,

Arron Metcalfe
Post Doc