Detecting mouse clicks

Susan susangc7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:31:11 UTC 2011

Okay, dumb question: where is the loop? Is the slide actually
displayed more than once?

I ask this because what it looks like your code is doing is just
asking if the mouse has been pressed before the slide actually
displays. The mouse hasn't been pressed then, so you see the first
line of text. The mouse is then registered by the slide, which does
nothing (though it probably does increment the number of responses),
because there's nothing for it to do; the code that changes the slide
text has already been passed over.

(I am with David and Mich on the use of a list, but if you're that
concerned about the log level of your responses being the same across
conditions, you might consider displaying the slide, then drawing your
text on it over and over using a canvas object or similar.)

HTH,
Susan