Sound Issues

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 15 22:09:25 UTC 2011

Well, your own results already pretty much answer your own question
-- and as I said in another thread here just yesterday
(http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/70d7cbece51186be
), "AFAIK, PST has still not gotten movies & sound to work reliably
under Windows Vista/7".

Your error message is exactly the behavior that I investigated &
reported back at http://support.pstnet.com/forum/Topic1361-12-1.aspx
.  You can also go to PST's own Knowledge Base and see there that
even they do not yet recommend using sound or movies with Windows
Vista/7.  Around here we still just reformat every subject running
machine to use Windows XP, although we may leave Vista/7 on machines
used merely for E-Prime development.

BTW, sound still works fine with good old EP1 under Vista/7 (although
of course you cannot play movies or record sound with EP1).  It is
only the combination of EP2 + Vista/7 that fails with sound & movies.

-- David McFarlane