Yet another question: How to measure the length of a given string

gilis giladsabo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 17:36:29 UTC 2011

Hi again and sorry for keeping you busy...

In my experiment participants write their answers into an inputbox,
the inputbox fade and the next trail start after the participant press
enter.
My question, in fact questions, is how I can make sure that the
participant entered his or her answer into the inputbox. One idea that
I had is to count the length of the string from the input box and if
it's <2 (because obviously no word can be written with less than 2
letters) the inputbox will remain visible until a valid answer is
provided. The problem is that I can't find the right commands in
eprime that do such thing. There are no commands like length and count
that could help in this, so again, any help would be welcomed. More, I
don't know how to tell to the input box to wait until there are at
least 2 letters in it.

Regards,
Gilis