Randomization of images

Meltem BALLAN meltemballan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:39:44 UTC 2011

Gautam,
I have an idea. You can prepare two lists (one for the right and the left
and second for the middle images). Then, you might want to call those files
(edit->properties->startup info). Lets say for session 1
 call fileLR and shuffle the list (list properties->order->random).
In order to show 20 models you can count to 20 and jump to the end of
session (I would use goto)
repeat it for session 2 including the middle images.
I hope it helps.
Meltem

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Gautam Malu <
gautam.malu at research.iiit.ac.in> wrote:

> Hi all,
>           i am developing a simple face recognition task.  i am using
> picture stimuli. I have images of 20 models , 3 images per model so total
> 3*20 = 60 images.
> 1_right_pose.jpg
> 1_left_pose.jpg
> 1_middle_pose.jpg
>  ............................ total 60 images
> Experiment consists of 2 phases
>
>  -->1st in learning phase, in which participants will see 2 poses of any 10
> models.
> i.e total 2*10 = 20 images randomly each images for 3000ms
> n_right_pose.jpg
> m_left_pose.jpg
>
> .......total 20 images
>
> ---> 2nd is testing phase, In which participants will see all 20 model in
> middle pose, randomly  for 500ms, followed by fixation of infinite duration
> and during which they have to respond whether or not  they have seen that
> model in learning phase.
> n_middle_pose.jpg
> fixation.jpg
> ...........20 times
>

> now the problem i am facing is how to select 10 random model's both
> right_pose.jpg and left_pose.jpg and also display them in random order.
> how can i get this type of ordering in learning phase
> Example
> 3_right_pose.jpg
> 7_left_pose.jpg
> 11_left_pose.jpg
> 3_left_pose.jpg
>

> Thanks,
>

> ----
> Gautam Malu
>
>  --

Meltem Ballan, PhD
Department of Psychiatry, CB# 7160
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
7023 Neurosciences Hospital
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7160