Randomization of images

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 13:56:22 UTC 2011

Hi,
Meltem is quite right, although people usually call it nested lists. Generally, you can go two ways:
1.
Have a set of 20 stimuli selected within a list from a nested list, e.g.
List1: 60 stimuli, attribute myStimuli, set to randomise.
List2: calls List1, and in attribute currentStimulus, set numero uno to [myStimuli:1] to select the first one from List1... after randomisation. The clever thing is that the randomisation of List1 only needs to occur once and you're done. Probably no inline necessary. Whether you've got one or more attributes to call your jpeg isn't important, because they can be concatenated to one. For instance, if we have instead of myStimuli, "aNumber", "leftright", "andsoon" and have a row in the list saying, respectively, "1" "right" "pose.jpg", then this can be combined using another attribute (say, "filename") as [myStimuli]_[leftright]_[andsoon] and eprime will just combine it all.

2.
Code all your stimuli into one array with 60 stimuli, randomizearray, and go from there.

Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow