Randomizing Block lists without randomizing the trial list

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Oct 19 16:06:32 UTC 2011

At 10/19/2011 10:07 AM Wednesday, Poppy wrote:
>I've tried nesting the images and questions within trials, and I've
>tried different proc's for each trial, but everytime I try to
>randomise the list it ends up mixing up the order of the images and questions.

I suspect that your use of the term "nesting" here does not coincide
with E-Prime's use of that term.  I have adopted the term "tiered" to
refer to the relationship of, say, block Lists to trial Lists, as
opposed to nested Lists within block or trial Lists, etc.  Remember,
true "nested" Lists only appear when you add a List name in the
Nested column of a List, rather than adding another List within a
Procedure called by a List.

Please go back and do the Nested List tutorial in the User's Guide
that came with E-Prime.