Hit Test Issues/Response collection conversion

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Oct 21 15:27:42 UTC 2011

Kyle,

First, to expand on RB Garcia's answer to the arithmetic, (PST's
advice notwithstanding) you need merely add back in the left end value, thus,

     c.SetAttrib "Line.XUniform", _
         ((ptr.x - lineDispOrigin) * scalePerPixel) + LineOrigin

Next, if you want to present your error feedback with a TextDisplay
or Slide, etc., instead of a MsgBox, then you need to do a little
more footwork.  There are several similar ways to accomplish it.  In
short, you need to add another Slide or whatever for your error
feedback, and then another inline to skip over it when not
needed.  For example, your Procedure might have a structure like

- SkipErrCode
- ErrLabel
- ErrSlide
- StimulusSlideLabel
- StimulusSlide
- LineRespCode

SkipErrCode simply contains the following inline code:

     Goto StimulusSlideLabel

That skips over ErrSlide the first time through the Procedure.

LineRespCode contains all your inline code to process the line
response, including something like the following:

     If strHit <> "LineText" Then
        Goto ErrLabel
     End If

Now, upon an error, the program will loop back to show ErrSlide,
present StimulusSlide again, etc.