Dynamometer

Nate Vack njvack at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 21 16:20:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:37 AM, David McFarlane <mcfarla9 at msu.edu> wrote:

> Don't know about a dynomometer, but FWIW, just a few days ago I learned
> about some availabe small "flexible force sensors"
> (<http://www.tekscan.com/flexible-force-sensors>http://www.tekscan.com/flexible-force-sensors

If you're going down this rabbit hole (and it's a deep hole!), here's
a fairly complete guide to building these things:

http://www.nakka-rocketry.net/strainlc.html

You'd want to make something for it that'd actually be grippable, and
build a data transfer device (you could program a microcontroller to
dump the data over a serial line, for example).

It's certainly not a 'buy this thing and plug it in' solution.

-n