ImageDisplay Internal Error

Jordan Schoenherr psychophysics.lab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 23:11:26 UTC 2011

Good Evening,

I've encountered an error that seems - on the face of it - to be quite
prevalent. When I run a program I receive the following message:

"Run-time Error (Line 3225) 11041: ImageDisplay Internal Error has
occurred
Marker: 2002"

In this experiment, a sequence of background images are shown and then
a target is presented. These files are in bmp format. The error
message occurs after - what would seem to be - just before the target
image is presented (the number of pre-target pictures is randomized).
The size of the image files are generally 900kb but some are 1200kb
(not sure if this is relevant) and the number of failures seems to
have to do with the number of images over 900kb. The odd thing is
this: after newer variants of the experiment started producing these
errors, I went back to earlier versions where I'd never encountered
this error message and now they produce it. Moreover, this problem has
been observed now on multiple systems running different versions of
Windows.

I've tried clearing the image buffer after each picture is presented
and that doesn't appear to work. And, as I mentioned above, even going
back to earlier version doesn't appear to resolve the issue. Given
that it only occurs on some trials and appears to be related to  it
doesn't seem to be an issue with the script per se. Although I will
try to re-save the images as jpg to see if that resolve the issue, I
wanted to see whether anyone has encountered a similar problem.

Cheers,