eye tracking & e-prime2

Michiel Spape Michiel.Spape at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 09:03:41 UTC 2011

Hi Jan (is that Jan-Rouke? How are you?),
If a) your experiment works in E-Prime 1 (with e-prime extensions for Tobii), then, when importing the whole thing to E-Prime 2, it doesn't anymore, I'd also suspect there's something wrong with the E-Prime 2-TET-package integration, probably best sorted by contacting the Tobii people. Certainly, b) if it crashes even with just StartTracking (which is required anyway), there's no reason to think that video as such is the problem. So, it's a long shot, but have you tried updating your TET packages?

And yes, as for my earlier suggestion, there's software out there (virtualdub, http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=34) to make your life easier. That is, exporting .avi at 25 Hz (or whatever framerate they are) writing out [originalname number], then making a loop over "number" with images showing every 40 ms, is pretty easy to accomplish, I should think (especially if you won't care about the occasional tearing).

Best,
Mich

Michiel Spapé
Research Fellow