Sound object runtime error: Unable to communicate with thread that finds the sound buffer contents

atieh bakhtiar atieh.moonlight at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:38:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

We are trying to run an eprime program which contains about 80 sound
objects. Initially, the program was running successfully, however, after a
couple of runs, it has stopped working and gave us the following runtime
error:

The following runtime error has occurred:
Unable to communicate with thread that finds the sound buffer contents
Extra1:441000
Extra2:0
Extra3:29866667
Extra4:No
Extra5:263424

Error Number: -999

Does anyone have any idea how we can solve this problem? We have upgraded
our eprime (2.0.8.90), but the problem still exist.

Also, in the folder where the sound files (.wav) exist, after each run, the
program generates .xml files. Any idea why these files are being created?

Thanks a lot,

Atieh Bakhtiar