countdown clock and echo problem

jotapan jotapan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 12:36:22 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have been trying to add a countdown clock to a slide that collects
and displays participants' responses. The idea is just to give the
participant a notion on how much time he has remaining to respond. At
the same time, I want the instructions to remain visible to the
participant as allow the participant to see his/her responses.

I have tried to work around the example provided in the countdown
sample experiment available online, but I'm not being able to get it
to work. When I make appear right from the beginning by setting
lnCountAfterTime = lnStartTime + 0 it no longer displays the text I
want to be visible. I think this happens because it sets the slide
back to its "default" which is a blank slide.

The other problem relates to the slide's echo: I'm not being able to
get it to disappear after the program moves on to the next slide.

These are probably really simple issues to solve, but I'm really not
being able to do it. Any help is appreciated.

Jotapan