Stimuli/ Triggers/ Timing difficulties

Douglas rayhaneh.rahgoshai at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:52:41 UTC 2012

Hello David,

Thanks a lot for your help.
We made the PreRelease 400 and it seems like a miracles happened. Many
thanks to you.

Now, As our first problem was the delay of appearing the stimuli and
triggers. We realized we still have that Delay and that the delay is
not the same during the whole experiment among all Stimuli. As we read
your posts regarding the timings and delay. We have realized we might
have been measuring the delay in a wrong way. I am quoting what I read
with your signature and then I will ask you my new question!

"- OnsetTime:  Time when E-Prime actually submitted the stimulus data
for
   presentation (e.g., proceeded to copy data to display memory or
load
   sound buffer).  This may not coincide with when the stimulus
actually
   got presented, e.g., if data are submitted in the middle of a
display
   refresh cycle then they may not get presented until the next
refresh."

So, We have been trying to make the delay between the time stimulus is
Presented by E-Prime on the screen and the time Trigger appears,, as
least as possible and we wanted that delay to be fixes or within the
least range possible. But As we read your post, we realized that what
we were measuring which was the difference between Stimulus OnsetTime
and Trigger OnsetTime, is the wrong way to measure that delay.

Do you have any ideas  that what can we add in out inline to measure
this delay or where we should look if we want to see the time of
presentation of the stimulus and trigger?

Looking forward to hearing from you.