SoundIn with USB microphone?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Aug 7 21:01:01 UTC 2012

Quite some time ago, while recording lessons for my E-Prime course, I
could not get my USB microphone to work with SoundIn.  At that time I
simply plugged a cheap computer mic into the computer's sound card to
use with SoundIn, and moved forward.

Now I have a report from someone at another institution with the same
problem, with no other reports of success using USB mics with
SoundIn.  So my question to you all:  Has anyone had any success
using a USB microphone with SoundIn?  Or conversely, has anyone else
had trouble using a USB microphone with SoundIn?

Thanks,
-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training